We publish on-the-ground reporting from Latin America and Latin communities in the United States. We also publish articles on immigration and U.S. foreign policy in the Western hemisphere.
Articles can run the gamut from politics to food, travel to business — so long as they concern Latin America and/or the diaspora. We are open to writers with limited journalism experience and will work with you to polish a piece for publication. We pay for articles. Please send story pitches, along with a brief summary of your writing experience and links to any published clips, to email@example.com.
We publish the following types of articles:
- News Analysis — A 500 to 1,000 word article analyzing, contextualizing, and explaining the importance of a topical news story.
- News Features — Original reporting that probes more deeply into an issue and usually between 1,200 and 1,800 words.
- Interviews — Q & A’s with leading Latin American figures or experts.
- Multimedia — We are interested in video, photo essays, podcasts, and any other kind of multimedia project that can convey a news story.
We do not publish:
- Personal essays
- Stories of purely local importance
- Academic treatise
- Opinion pieces or editorials
LAND reserves the right to edit for grammar, clarity, and style.